Imagine my horror when I got my results for the last Software Engineering assignment (it was baaad) and remembered that assignments are a hurdle and that I did poorly on the others.  Imagine my trepidation at the thought of having to undo months of planning and rethink my entire degree while waiting on the final outcome.

Now imagine my relief when I found out for sure that I did manage to just pass that hurdle.  Looks like I’ll be sticking around as a Software Engineer after all.

Things in general are slowly starting to look up again.  I finally got all of my new equipment today, so I can finally start fiddling around seriously with it.  To my delight I found that I can assemble stuff on the synth itself—which led to this:

  • Download (512KB Ogg Vorbis)

As unpolished as it is right now, I’m particularly proud of this small piece because I actually had to—and actually managed to—play all the notes myself (as opposed to typing or clicking them into software, which is all I’ve been able to do up to this point).  On the other hand, if I were to transfer this to the computer and further manipulate it there, I could fix up the volume levels a bit and do some other mastering…